Please find below an update (taken from an email) from Joe McCarthy regarding the return to motorcycling activities post Covid-19. At this stage it is looking positive that our June meeting at Narrogin will be going ahead based on recent government movements regarding crowd sizes (always subject to change).
Hi allPlease see below a simplified version of how the sport will begin on July 1. As a simple rule contact your land owner and let them know your plans. We do not require you to send us any COVID-19 forms .They are there for you to use if your council or landowner requires them. Any questions give us a call at the office. Please also consider calling the COVID -19 helpline –COVID-19 Public Health Operations phone number: 6373 2222.The most important aspects to remember are below
- Social distancing at all times
- Practice good hygiene
- Observe the maximum number of people per area rule- currently is 20 in WA. If this changes we will email all clubs immediatelySummary of returning to racing below
- All permit application and reporting is identical as we did pre COVID-19.All permits are open to apply for as of today.
- Please complete paperwork as you did pre COVID-19 and send it into the office.
- All permits will be available including quarterly track access
- Application for Open events ( ALL DISCIPLINES) and State Championships( except MX) are now open if you have a date for an open event or State Championship in 2020 that you would like to run with please email it to me there is no formal application process lets keep 2020 simple and as hassle free as possible .The MX state championship is still undecided if this can go ahead due to the restrictions on numbers. It would be great to see some Open events and State championships if possible – please call or email me to discuss if you have an idea.
- The Ride Park product is still available post July 1 but as per the terms and conditions pre COVID-19 ( rider levy’s apply)
- Please send through to me your planned club dates so we can get them on the calendar and also avoid clashes where possible.
- All annual licenses purchased in the period between April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 will automatically receive a 3 month extension.
- All licenses will be available for purchase including 1 event both recreational and competition as of June 14th.
- All MWA programs will resume including minicross and the Learn how to Ride academy – Mark Gill will be in touch regarding booking these programs
- Our social media channels are available for all forms of promotion
- All coaching and official courses will be available- Hannah Lawton will be in touch re this.
- If your club requires a short term loan and is in financial trouble please give me a call.Lets all work hard to keep the sport moving in a great direction.Regards,Joe McCarthy
Chief Executive Officer